Yoga is one of the workout routines worth trying out. It is considered spiritual, mental and physical exercise. Yoga originates from India. People use it for various reasons. Don’t look anywhere else if you are looking for a beginner guide for body yoga routine. Simply go through these workout routines to understand what you are getting yourself into.
9 Body Yoga Routines Guide for Beginners
Forward Fold ( Uttanasana )
Forward fold works on the spine and lower back. This yoga exercise routine helps improve the flexibility and tightness of your lower back. You will notice results after repeating this yoga routine for a couple of weeks. Here is how to perform this famous yoga workout routine:
- Stand straight upwards with your feet some distance apart from each other.
- Proceed and bend your knees so that your chest rests on your thighs.
- Ensure your both your neck and head are relaxed and comfortable.
- Hold still for roughly one minute before repeating the entire routine until you get tired.
Plank yoga exercise works on areas around the core. It also helps people suffering from severe back pain. It has for a long time been used to relive back pains. Furthermore, it isn’t an intense workout.
- Start off by placing your knees and hands in the ground. Ensure both your knees and hands are some distance apart from each other.
- Commence and raise your knees of the ground so that your entire body gets suspended in the air.
- Ensure your quads, butt and core is tightened. Your neck should also be in a neutral position.
- Hold still for a few seconds before starting all over again.
Four-Limbed Staff Pose ( Chaturanga )
Chaturanga is considered yoga pushup routine. This yoga routine helps build your upper body strength. It focuses on your triceps, shoulders and forearms, among others. Simply take a mat to simplify this yoga exercise. Chaturanga is almost similar to a normal push up routine.
- Swiftly lower your entire body in your mat.
- Lay flat with your knees, chest and chin touching the mat
- Place your hands some distance apart before lifting your body in a high plank position.
- Slowly lower your elbows up to 90 degrees.
- Take a couple of deep breathes before lifting your body upwards.
- Repeat the same procedure over and over until you get exhausted.
Upward Facing Dog ( Urdhva Mukha Svanasana )
Upward facing dog exercise suits people suffering from back pain and those who want to improve flexibility of their lower back.
- Lay straight on the floor with your stomach facing upwards.
- Stretch all your legs backwards. Your toes should touch the ground. Move your palms and elbows to make your forearm perpendicular to your mat.
- Lift your torso upwards by pressing your inner hands against the floor and straightening your arm.
- During this time, ensure your thighs are firm and slightly inverted.
- Be careful not to push your ribs forward. Hold still for a few seconds before repeating the entire procedure all over again.
Downward Facing Dog ( Adho Mukha Svanasana )
Downward facing dog yoga pose is used to open up chest, stretch your back or build your upper body.
- Get into the push up position. Your hands and your knees should be distance apart from each other.
- Carry on and lift your hips upwards. Your fingers should be spread wide apart to give you enough support.
- Use your arms to push your hips up and down. Keep your spine in an upright position by lifting your tailbone.
- While maintaining straight legs, ensure your heels are pressed into the floor.
- Slowly lift your head upwards before taking a couple of breaths.
- Bend your knees and slowly lower your hips. This brings you back to the starting position.
- Carry out this yoga routine until you get exhausted.
Warrior 11 ( Virabhadrasana II )
Warrior 11 yoga routine is a bit delicate when compared to other exercise routines. As a result, you should consult your trainer for guidance. This workout exercise aims towards improving your muscles, your general strength and endurance. Here, you will access simple and straightforward routines. However; you should be consistent in order to attain your desired goals.
Warrior 11 routines deliver different results. Therefore, you should come up with a schedule on the areas you will work on. There is a wide range of options to choose from. Therefore, choose warrior 11 workout routines you are comfortable handling.
Triangle ( Trikonasana )
Triangle is a very unique body yoga exercise. It is recommended for ladies for specific reasons. First, it works on areas around your butt. This assures you of a perfect butt. Triangle exercise also helps balance muscle and hormonal imbalance. You need a resistance band to efficiently perform this workout routine.
Proceed and get into a half squat position. Your feet should be some distance apart from each other. This helps put enough tension on the band. Start moving your left leg while maintaining the same position. Repeat the same procedure with your right leg. Keep repeating this procedure until you get exhausted.
Side Plank ( Vasisthasana )
Side plank improves your back, core and your arms. This is an easy to perform exercise. In fact, you can practice it on your own if you understand the basics.
- This workout routine commences by lying on your left side of the body. Suspend your body in the air and support it with your left elbow. Try your best and align your spine with your head.
- Carry on and lift both your knees and hips.
- Hold still for a few seconds while breathing both in and out.
- Change sides and repeat the same procedure on the right side of the head.
Corpse Pose ( Shavasana )
Lastly, we have the corpse pose exercise. This yoga routine helps relax and rejuvenate body the body and the mind. Beginners are encouraged to try out this exercise routine if they want to regain their lost strength within the shortest time possible.
- Place a mat on the floor and lay down with your back
- Separate your feet apart from each other.
- Your toes should be directed outwards.
- Relax your arms towards their adjacent position.
- Take a couple of deep breathes or longer, depending on your preference.
What are you waiting for? Try out these yoga routines today.