Essential oils are a safe, natural remedy and one of the most powerful forms of plant-based medicine in the world. They have been used for centuries for many different reasons, including aromatherapy.
Essential oils can serve many functions in your life from helping with relaxation and caring for scrapes with children to fighting diseases and promoting healing.
But when it comes to essential oils, there are so many options out there, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you.
Think about it. With so many essential oil brands out there, it can be hard to find the right one for you. we understand that it can be nearly impossible to find the right brand of essential oil, especially with all the misconceptions and misinformation out there.
That’s why we want to arm you with the knowledge and know-how to navigate the industry and help you make the right decisions.
5 tips to discovering the right brand for you!
There are several quality, therapeutic grade brands out there. Here’s what you do before you start using essential oils:
- Ask the company that you’re investigating for a report of their sourcing and quality standards.
- Check online for some positive and negative reports – be careful to not let hate speech and multi-level marketing propaganda get in the way of truth.
- Contact the company and see if they sell therapeutic grade oils and ask them for a definition of what “therapeutic grade” means because this is an unregulated term that can be defined in a variety of ways.
- Check to see if the oils are safe for internal use. Look for the SUPPLEMENT label on the bottle, which is an indication that the company you are interested in may be selling oils that are GRAS (generally recognized as safe).
- Try a couple, and test for yourself. Lemon, lavender and peppermint are common, relatively inexpensive and you should get a good gauge to see if this brand is for you or not.
Remember, many of the small companies get their oils from the same suppliers. They just private label them. Also, just because an essential oil is pricier doesn’t mean it’s of better quality. On the other hand, watch out for oils that have an unusually low price, as this could mean they’re diluted or adulterated.
If you are looking for a 100% pure essential oil, free of synthetics, contaminants, or fillers, it is best you assess the quality control of the company who is providing the oils. Where do they source their oils? What tests do they conduct to verify the purity of the oils? Do they look for adulterations?
Whichever essential oil you choose, it will likely bring harmony, if you use it safely and with proper application. However, if you aren’t getting the response you desire, it’s time to dig deeper and look at the reason. Be sure to educate yourself when finding the brand you are most interested in!