Working on your tummy can be stressful or end up being futile if you don’t know the correct workout routines to choose. Worry not, here are some proven tips that will help you attain your desired tight tummy.
5 Toned and Tight Tummy Workout Exercises
The Importance of Abdominal Exercise
There are numerous benefits you will attain through intense or regular abdominal workout. Here are some of them:
- Abdominal exercise helps relieve back pain– A lot of people in the society experience regular back pains, isn’t it? Well, you should regularly exercise your lower back muscles. This is one of the ways of avoiding or relieving back pain. Generally, all abdominal exercises work on regions around the spine and on the back. They focus on making them less rigid and more flexible.
- It enhances both your stability and body posture– As the name suggests, abdominal exercises focus on your abdominal muscles. Stability is essential and very important for sports men and women.
- You will attain a firm waistline– All abdominal workout routines help get rid of fat around your waistline. High body fat is linked with serious health conditions such as obesity and diabetes, among others.
- Your general well being– Continuous workout will improve your general body well being.
Long Arm Crunches
Long arm crunches workout is one of the most effective abdominal workout routines. Additionally, it is simple in that you can conduct it without the help of a fitness instructor. However, be cautious on how you carry out this workout routine. You need to properly exercise it to attain your desired goals. Here are step by step guidelines on how this routine is carried out.
- Start by lying comfortably on the back. Use a mat to make this workout routine enjoyable.
- Place your feet flat on the mat. Your hands should be above your head and should touch the ground with both your palms.
- Swiftly start contracting your abdominal region by curling upwards.
- Don’t swing your entire body while performing this routine.
- Consequently, you shouldn’t move other regions in the body.
- Gently direct the upper part of the body downwards.
- Slowly decent back to the starting position and begin all over again.
Plank workout routine is an easy to carryout exercise. This is the reason a lot of fitness instructors recommend it for people with back pain. It doesn’t involve flexing, bending or twisting your body. There are four types of plank routines you can choose, namely high plank, plank up-down, plank hip dips and plank shoulder taps. High plank and plank hip dips are the commonly known plank routines. Here is a step by step guideline on how to carry out high plank routine.
- Start off by placing both your hands and knees on the ground. Both your hands and feet should be some distance apart.
- Suspend in the air by getting your knees off the ground.
- Tighten your core, butt and quads to protect your spine and back
- Your neck should be in a neutral position.
- Hold still for a few seconds before starting this routine all over again
Try out other plank routines as well.
Medicine Ball Twist
Medical ball twist exercise has been around for a while now. It is mostly used to strengthen area around the abdominal. This ranges from the back, waistline and obliques. Those who desire a strong and flat tummy should consider medical ball twist workout. You will need the help of an instructor to learn the workout moves to avoid any form of injury.
- Start off by sitting down. Ensure your knees are not in contact with the floor. Fitness instructors encourage you to keep them bent. Proceed and hold the medicinal ball. Place it a few inches in front of your chest.
- Slowly twist the medicinal ball on the right hip bone. All these time your entire body should be centered. This might be difficult for beginners but you will slowly find it simple and easy.
- Change the position of the medicine ball and direct it towards the left hip bone.
- Repeat this procedure until you get exhausted.
Side Plank with Hip Lift (per Side)
Side plank with hip lift never gets outdated. It has been used since time in memorial to strengthen cores and work on tummies. Therefore, try out this exercise if you want a tight tummy within a short period. You simply need to be consistent and efficiently carry out your routines. Here is the step by step process on how to perform side plank with hip lift.
- Start off by lying on the left side. You should be propped on your left forearm, shoulders and elbow. Place your dumbbell on your right hip.
- Slightly lift both your hips so that your body forms some sort of a straight line. This line should stretch from your heels to your head.
- Keep your glutes engaged and your core braced. Carry on and lower your left hip until it taps the ground.
- Swiftly reverse from this position and start all over again.
- Repeat the same procedure on the right side of the head.
Flutter kicks routine has for a long time been used to help people attain a tight tummy, strong abdominal muscles and cores. Above all; anyone can perform this exercise as it is not intensive. Furthermore, you can attain results within a short period. You simply need to be persistent with your workout. Here is a step by step guideline on how to do flutter kicks routine. Perform this workout routine properly if you want positive results.
- It all starts off by lying on your back. Use a mat to support your back. Carry on and extend both your arms and legs with your arms.
- Swiftly lift both your legs from the floor. During this time, your back should be intact on the back.
- Raise one leg higher than the other. Hold still for a while before switching your attention on the other leg.
- Repeat this routine until you get exhausted.